Volume 4: Selected Occurrences — Meat + Potatoes
A LARGE SCALE DECONSTRUCTED BOOK FEATURING 151 IMAGES FROM FIVE PHOTOGRAPHERS, TEN NOTECARDS & AN OBSCURA LAND STICKER
Includes – Selected Occurrences
A unique book made up of five 26.75×39″ sheets of paper quarter folded to make a large scale 13.375×19.5″ book. Each sheet features one of five photographers who have been capturing occurrences in American life in recent years.
- Martin Cartagena’s work documents New York City street life.
- Isabel Magowan’s work focuses on themes of youth, societal obligation, expectations, and isolation.
- Satoki Nagata’s work documents the lives of the people living in the Caribni-Green Rowhouses in Chicago.
- 18 year old photographer Nico Young from Santa Monica California whose work documents friends, school and teenage life.
- Jamie Diamond whose work recreates life using strangers from Craigslist and hyper-realistic dolls and the women interact with them.
- A recycled paper folio that holds all five sheets in a completed book and includes a statement about the project.
Each photographers work is present on a single sheet with 4 pages when folded and a single poster image on the reverse side. There are 151 images presented in this stunning large format. To fully appreciate the book it must be interacted with, taken apart and unfolded.
Includes – Ten Notecards & An Obscura Land Sticker
- Ten – 5×7″ note cards with 2 images from each of the five photographers in the project. The cards are blank inside and come with envelopes for mailing.
- A 6″ wide die cut Obscura Land sticker.